These past couple weeks we've been getting ready for the holiday. We started with egg decorating last week, and since it was spring break, Desmond got to invite his friend, Kristian, to join in the fun!
This year we tried a new method of decorating -- a really fun and messy one that involved shaving cream. The kids loved squiring the shaving cream into the pan and then coating the eggs in it.
Molly loved squishing the shaving cream between her fingers.
This is Desmond's kindergarten friend, Kristian. He's so adorable, and the kids loved having him over for egg decorating and a spring break playdate.
This was the eggs before we let them dry and then wiped the shaving cream off.
Even Grandma Mary got to help!
I'm afraid I didn't get a great picture of the finished eggs, but maybe you can see them in this picture here. This was our table this morning, getting set for Easter brunch.
Last week we also made a trip to Woodburn for the Tulip Festival. Dedicated readers of this blog will know that this is something we do without fail every spring. Those dedicated readers will also know that I totally geek out on tulip photos; if I were a better blogger, I'd insert a nice link that gave you the option to skip these photos. Alas, I am not that kind of blogger, so ready your scroll bar, people!
"It's a pink John Deere!"
Molly was having a really hard time choosing between kettle corn and the pump -- a 3-year-old's test of the theorem that multi-tasking really doesn't work.
My fave Molly pic of the day.
Fave Joe pic of the day.
Fave Desmond pic of the day.
Molly and a very chilly Aunt Helen.
Desmond helping me find new subjects in my quest to isolate one stand-out tulip.
Family photo!
After all the egg-dying and tulip excitement, it was finally time for Easter! We had a nice brunch, followed by a little egg hunt in our backyard. The egg hunt turned out to be really cute and hilarious, as the kids were totally into it.
Before starting the hunt, we reviewed the rules:
1. There is nothing in the sideyard
2. There is nothing you can't reach
3. There is nothing you will have to dig up
That last rule was really important. Last year we let Desmond hide the eggs, and I swear I'm still finding them when I dig around the yard!
Let the excitement begin!
Geeze, think maybe we could use a new fence?
PS: That's my garlic growing there! It's looking good, isn't it?!
The Easter Bunny also brought the kids some new chalk, so when the sun came out today, we headed outside so they could do some drawing.
I hope everyone had a nice Easter like we did!
You are becoming an accomplished photographer! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos. So glad you stayed home this year!
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos. So glad you stayed home this year!
ReplyDeleteSuper zdjęcia! Super rodzinka! Pozdrawiamy. Osuchowscy��
ReplyDeleteT-Ball looks very fun! Love the Mascot Molly too.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Mom