Friday, April 20, 2012

Woodburn Tulip Festival -- Then and Now

Today we went back to the Wooden Shoe Tulip Farm's tulip festival, a year and a day after our first visit when Desmond was 10 months old. 

April 19, 2011

Last year at this time Desmond's little friends Allie and Nora had just started walking, and Desmond was only pulling up and thinking about walking.

This year they were all walking -- and all a little bit more interested in the puddles than the flowers.  Our party has grown, too.  We've added a friend, Iliana; and a little sister, Ella (my friend Jenn's daughter).

April 20, 2012

By this time next year, we're going to need a much bigger bench.


This was one of the few smiles I got out of Desmond, who hasn't quite learned to smile on command for pictures.


Nora taught Desmond how to smell the flowers.


But the true highlight was this sand table.  Desmond cried like a baby when I finally had to pry him away from it.  (Do we have any woodworking friends out there who could easily create one of these for us??)


The day ended with lunch and a ride on the cow train, as all good days should.


Desmond's cow's name was Elsie, but he kept calling her Percy.  I guess they sounded alike to him.


There are many, many more photos.  Here is a slideshow:

2 comments:

  1. Looks like they had a great time. I love the photo comparison from last year and this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I know it is not the same as a tall table, but I used a under the bed storage up before. Then it could be easily put away to or put in any spot that you like.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Holidays!

The Vasiceks had a wonderful Christmas break!  Let me tell you some of the highlights... Desmond is playing basketball this year.  It'...