This is
not a paid endorsement of
Dozer Day; rather, it is an unpaid, wholehearted recommendation that you take your child to this event. If they knew about it, they would be begging you each and every day to take them. It is awesome.
The tagline of this event is "Where kids drive." And they really do. Here's what we walked in to see:
This is a line of pretty much any construction vehicle you can imagine, and all Desmond had to do was wait in line if he wanted to drive. Desmond and Joe were both pretty pumped.
Now I should clarify: There was more to do than just wait in line. The kids had to wait in line, and then be led out to the construction vehicle by a stranger, and sit in a stranger's lap to drive. Anyone who knows Desmond knows the amount of courage it would take him to do such a thing. Well he did it -- three times. He was so brave. When the volunteer led him out to the first machine, I think I was as nervous as he was. I was worried he'd back out and miss out on something that would be so much fun for him.
 |
| Our brave little soldier being led out to the steam roller |
 |
| Driving! |
After he got led back to us each time, he'd run back and say, "I did it!" He was pretty proud of himself, as well he should have been. What follows is just more pics and videos from the day. It was a blast, and money well spent.
 |
| Carefully surveying the work site |
 |
| The whole family (and Desmond's friend Desmond) right before our dump truck ride. That limp rag in my backpack is Molly, who slept most of the time. |
 |
| At the wheel of the steam roller |
 |
| Driving the bulldozer |
 |
| Bulldozer action shot |
Excavator ride
Steam roller ride
Bulldozer ride
And just because this entry has been so Desmond-heavy, here are two recent pics of Miss Molly, who will turn 8 months this week.
 |
| First shopping cart ride |
 |
| Wearing her dachshund shirt from Great Aunt Helen |
 |
| Molly the Great Explorer |
This must have been a real dream come true. Does he ask to go back? Cute Molly pics too. Love, Mom
ReplyDeleteThis is every litte boys dream come true. What an awrsome idea!! Molly is one cute rag!
ReplyDeleteCharlie
This is so awesome. I know several boys who would give their left arm to go to that. Someone should do something like that around here. What an awesome idea!!! I'll bet Des has been dreaming about these rides every night. Way to go Desmond. I am so proud of your bravery. BTW. My favorite picture is of Desmond surveying the site. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a dream come true for Desmond and so proud of his bravery! Little Miss Molly looking sweet as ever! Love, Aunt Helen
ReplyDeleteVery cool for Desmond!
ReplyDelete