This year we stopped a little short of Bainbridge and stayed with Joe's aunt Carolyn in Tacoma. On the way up, we stopped at Point Defiance Zoo & Aquarium. We met Joe's sister Teresa and her husband Luis, and Joe's uncle David and his boys Jacob and Michael.
I can't say enough good things about Desmond's cousins Jacob and Michael. These boys adore Desmond and Molly and are so good to them. I think Desmond really enjoyed feeling like the little brother.
| Cousins/BFFs |
Jacob, the oldest, knew his way around the zoo and led the way. Desmond would have followed him anywhere.
But who wouldn't want to carry around this adorable package, really?
Here are some more zoo highlights.
| Jacob trying to convince Desmond that it's ok to touch |
| Cool sharks |
| What a great aunt and uncle! |
| Joe and the boys |
| There's some kind of think tank happening here |
| Molly & Dada |
We got to Carolyn's to find that she'd made a delicious dinner and arranged some egg-dying for the kids.
I regret that I do not have a picture of Carolyn's bathroom to post here. This thing is luxury-style, with a 4'x4' walk-in shower and a claw foot tub with a TV mounted at the end. Carolyn, thank you again for having us -- it was so relaxing!
| Desmond and Molly playing on the bed together |
After Mass we went to Joe's grandparents' for an Easter brunch. Desmond got in more cousin time, and Molly got to take a much-needed nap on her Grandpapedic mattress.
| Molly & Grandpa Patrick |
| Uncle David, Michael, Jacob, Joe & Molly |
I desperately wanted to get a nice picture of the kids together. Unfortunately, Desmond is going through a phase where he just won't cooperate for photos, so I got this instead.
But here's a nice one of Jacob, Michael, and their beloved Molly.
Thanks, everyone, for the great times!
So sweet! Love it! Mary
ReplyDelete